This is a traditional sweet which is prepared for festivals especially for DIWALI.We can make it semi-homemade or right from scratch.But the traditional recipe calls for 1 milk , half sugar and a pinch of baking soda(milk doesn't curdle),where mik is boiled on low flame to reduce it to half of its volume(test : milk should slightly stick to the plate).It is then cooled for a couple of minutes .We need to stir it continously with a laddle untill it is thick enough to make a ball.Canned condensed milk is used in the instant/semi-homemade recipe.
Serves:can make atleast 15
Milk powder 2 cups
Condensed milk 2 small cans(7 oz cans)
Butter unsalted(melted) 1 stick
- In a microwavesafe bowl take all the ingredients and mix them well.
- Microwave the mixture for 3-4 minutes.
- Keep stirring for every 1-2 minutes so that they don't dry out.
- Check if u could make a ball out of it.Now u are done.
- Let it cool down for a while.
- Make small balls when it is warm.
- Garnish with nuts,saffron or silver foil .